Monday, May 14, 2007

This is Katie... signing off from Dublin...

There will be no more posts until after I get home...


That is, after the end of the reclusive stage I inevitably will encounter upon my arrival back to the states...



Once I feel strong enough to actually leave my room I will compile my thoughts on the whole experience, my expectations for the future, etc, and share them with you all...



P.S. Just one thing though... Last night Darko and I read a book together. We sat in two chairs facing each other, my legs propped up on his, and we took turns reading out loud from the book... i will miss the small things...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds like a really beautiful evening spent together. I truly hope that you have many more like them, preferably with the love of your life.

I can't wait to have you home, but I know how happy you've been. While I understand how difficult it must be for you to leave, it also saddens me that you may not have that same happiness once you're home. Could it be possible that the States are no longer home to you?

I'll be up Saturday morning, after you get back. I plan to stay all weekend. Maybe we can go see Pirates with the rest of the NOVA population that weekend. Have a latte at Borders with Mom. I can embarass you in the theater. It'll be like old times.

I love you.

Unknown said...

also, Peg, one of the bloggers whose writing I love to read wrote an article for a political blogging contest. Have a read. I think you'll enjoy it.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976998293

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Katie. I know how it is to be a world away from the one you love most so if you need to bitch, I can bitch with ya! Just remember, he is a plane ride away.

I dunno where your graduate school is compared to Charlottesville, but your ass needs to research that so you can come visit me + Molly when we get up there!

Unknown said...

hey check out my blog when you get a minute

Anonymous said...

we love you...