Monday, November 12, 2007

I will never, EVER have another Toshiba Laptop as long as I live... EVER

When I was about to enter college in 2001 I purchased a Gateway Laptop to begin school with. That was 6 years ago. Since that time I have spilled liquid on that computer probably 5 times. The first time it was lemonaide and I didn't do what you are supposed to do when liquid comes in contact with your computer, which is to unplug it and turn it quickly and lift it up so that the liquid can drain from inside without burning through your hardrive. Because I didn't do what you are supposed to do, my hardrive had to be replaced, but only the hardrive, nothing more. Every other time I spilled the Gateway stood up like a champ. Last week I spilled water on my Toshiba laptop. Yes, I know, I really should keep liquid AWAY from the computer. Thinking that a Toshiba was as good as a Gateway I quickly unplugged it, turned it off, and lifted it up so that it could drain. I then let it dry out for a long time. Well, Toshibas apparently are NOTHING like Gateways, because, when I turned it back on the next morning, the keyboard didn't work. Some of the numbers would type, but for the most nothing would work. So I called Toshiba, and of course it was no longer under warranty, and they told me they could fix it for $500. I said no thanks. So I went to the Computer nerds at my school and had them look at it and they said they could fix it for $100-$150, which is much better than Toshiba, but still a little high for me considering I could find a new keyboard on ebay for $12. What is the other $138 for? Labor? My ass. So at the moment I am without a computer and have been using my 2001 Gateway computer, the one that is so worth the extra money you spend on it, the one that through thick and thin has always been there for me. I will never own another Toshiba. It's Gateway all the way for me from here on out.

Last week was not a good week for me and machinery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a sippy cup or a bottle!

Speaking of which. . .

more baby babble, please. :)

Unknown said...

I'll get some sippy cups for you to go with the ones I've already gotten for Little Bluffton.

Did you call Toshiba and tell them what shit their products are? I would have. Make it clear that you are "extremely displeased" (sounds better than pissed off) with the performance of their products and that you will never again purchase or use their products and that you will be relaying this experience to everyone you know. Make them feel really bad and maybe they'll give you something for free :)

Anonymous said...

I do believe it's time for a new blog.

Get on it, you pregger bitch!