Monday, October 22, 2007

Did I Mention I was Hungry?

Today I'm going to discuss a few seemingly un-related topics. However, I promise that they are related in the sense that they are all fairly important to me at the moment.

The first of which, is the shout out to my wonderful sister Jessi, who is always supportive of my decisions, well, maybe not ALWAYS, even though she says she is, but you know what I mean. My only sister is getting married on March 15. I, as her Maid of Honor, am blessed with the chance to throw her, not only a bridal shower, but a bachelorette party as well. For those of you who know me, you may think that I am not excited about this. On the contrary, I can't wait. I love throwing parties. Well, maybe not LOVE, but at least like a lot. It helps that I have my mother's input in everything, because, well, Law School sucks ass (if you don't already know), and it's difficult to find time to wash dishes, let alone plan two unforgettable parties (as I sit here writing my blog, when I'm SURE there is a case somewhere that needs briefing, but no, really, I'm busy). However, I plan on throwing the most fantastic party EVER!!!! We're holding it at the school to reduce clean up time for us (plus they cater everything), and it's going to be decorated, of course, in the colors of the wedding. And what bridal shower wouldn't be complete without Games. I'm so gonna rock at the "Who Knows Jessi Best" Questionaire. The last shower I threw, two years ago for the BFF Toni was fun, and would have been a LOT more fun, had we not invited a few specific guests. SO, after the shower, of course is going to be the bachelorette party. Now, I know what you're thinking, isn't it going to be a bit soon for the party? Well, in most cases yes. But those cases do not involve the Maid of Honor, who, not only is in Law School (do I need to reiterate the busyness?), but who is in Law School in BFE, and who does not like driving through the mountains, especially not more than is absolutely necessary. So, it seemed the best idea to do it all in one go. At the moment everything seems to be going smoothly. Now, if we can just figure out how NOT to invite this one specific guest that Jessi insists be on the list.

The last couple of weeks Darko and I have been going through the fantastically fun immigration process. Oh yeah, baby, it just gives me shivers. I had an idea of how time consuming and frustrating this whole process would be, but not to this extent. It involves form, after form, after form, complete with document, after document, after document that has to be filed with the forms. With all the information we have to give the U.S. Government, I'm kind of scared that we're signing away our first born. However, we may have to SELL our first born in able to pay to file the forms. Not only does the Gov. consume hours and hours of your time with this process, but it also screws you up the ass for money. And it's not like we pay this money and then if they deny his application we get it back. Oh no no. That money is gone. So there's a possiblity that he will be kicked out of the country, AND we'll lose the down payment on a house. I'm pretty sure the people at USCIS (Former INS) know us by name now, considering the number of times we've called asking questions along the lines of "Do we REALLY need to pay $350 for a re-entry permit, when he's not even planning on leaving the country for the next three years?" and "Now when you say refugee, is that something that needs to be issued by a specific office?" or "If he decides he doesn't need to eat for the next three years, can I be a sponsor if I don't meet the income requirements?", etc, etc. I'll be happy when this process is over. Wish us luck.

I'm hungry. No, really. I'm hungry ALL THE TIME!!!! And after I eat, I feel sick. There are about two hours a day during which my stomach does not hurt for some reason. I am either so hungry that my stomach feels like it's about to eat the baby for sustanance, or I feel like I'm about to throw up the food that I just ate. It's ridiculous. I can't find a happy medium. Seriously. The worst times are when I'm both, you know, hungry and feeling ill at the same time. Like right now, actually. I'm starving to death, but I'm still feeling a bit sick from the bowl of chicken noodle soup I ate an hour ago. I don't know what to do about it. There are also foods that I loved prior to being pregnant. However, here is a list of things my child refuses to let me enjoy anymore:

Pasta with marinara sauce
Chicken Noodles Soup
Eggs (even when Daddy makes them)
Toast with butter and honey

However, there are a few things the baby absolutely loves and cannot get enough of:

Pickles (Clausen)
Popsicles (preferably orange and purple)
Saltines
Potato Chips
Hardees hash browns
Bananas

I wonder if it's going to get worse than this.

I must end it here. My stomach is on the verge of consuming everything on the inside of my body, including baby Jerinic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't hungry @ all until my 4th month + now... now I must eat ALL the time! After I got through my 1st trimester, I was able to eat whatever I wanted. I couldn't have anything with sauce on it or any thing cooked with grease for those 1st few awful weeks + now I'm a pig in eats Heaven. It will get better + soon. You're already 12 weeks! I can't believe it!!!!

Wives Tales say if you crave sweets, you will have a girl. Salty you get a boy. I craved salty + I'm having a girl.... I hope whatever you crave you have a girl too.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Nate can't wait to meet little Smirnof! And seriously, as soon as I get my replacement phone in the mail you're going to be the first person I call, so you better answer...or else I'll cry.

P.S. Did you like the last comment I left? hahahahaha, I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Unknown said...

Yeah that sick feeling, that's called Morning Sickness, only it's more fun because it happens all fucking day long from what I understand.

Cut down on the Hardees hashbrowns. I don't want a baby with cholesterol issues.

I can't wait for January 5 :)

He's only a refugee if he came over here on an innertube like the Cubans. You know, the kind that g'ma works with that made me want to slit my wrists.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE Hardees hashbrowns...so I'm pretty sure baby Maura takes after me in that aspect!!!

this may be dumb but are you allowed to take anti-nausa medicine? or will that even work?