Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Here's to good friends and getting presents...

I love getting presents. It's probably one of the worlds greatest feelings, you know, besides being loved, blah, blah, blah. But no, really. Especially when it's unexpected. So, I know I have yet to post my registry anywhere, only because I thought perhaps it was a bit too soon in the game. However, I did tell Jessi and my Mom, and I would definitely tell people if they asked. Nate asked and so I, of course, told him. You know what he did!!!! HE BOUGHT ME A PRESENT!!!!!!! And a super sweet present at that. I'm going with the whole Classic Pooh theme for Baby Jerinic, and I had on my registry a Classic Pooh stroller. It was probably one of the things I wanted most on my registry, and NATE TOTALLY GOT IT FOR BABY JERINIC!!!!!!!! He/she is going to be riding around in style thanks to his loving Auntie Nate. I'm so excited. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for it to get to my mom's house, and then I can't wait to see it in December (yeah, that's the next time I'm going to be home).

AND this past weekend while I was home Jessi brought me a pregnancy gift bag, filled with goodies not only for Baby J, but also for me. Let's see if i can remember everything: Nipple Cream (not just for nursing, but for tender nipples anytime of the year), those plastic thingies that you put in light sockets (so in case Little J feels the need to grab a fork and shove it into the closest light socket), those things that hold cabinet doors closed (so that baby doesn't get into our cleaning supplies), those things that you put into the back seat windows of your car that block out the sun, the car sign that says "Baby on board" in a yellow warning triangle, um, and some other stuff that I just can't remember at the moment. I can't wait to use the nipple cream.

My grandma also got me a present. It's a giant pillow that can be manipulated into all sorts of different positions, perfect for sleeping on your side, or nursing, or just sitting up in bed with some back support. Think boppy meets the husband pillows meet the body pillow and you'll know what I'm talking about.

For those of you who are wondering, the only registry I have at the moment is at Target, under Baby Registry.

I know you're all looking forward to hearing about my ultrasound, but tonight I'm just too tired. It's been such a long week, and I still have a ton of work to do tonight and tomorrow. So, I'll pick it up from here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn dog, you've already gotten more baby shizz than me + I'm about to pop! People are straight up ignoring my needs for real. Today I am going to Babies R Us + buying my own damn stuff. I have a baby shower tomorrow + nothing has disappeared of either of my registries... WTF?

I need to do a present rain dance because babies need SO much crap it's ridiculous!

I must say that Nate is excellent @ gift giving. Wonderful taste Aunt Nate has.

Anonymous said...

wonderful taste for the wonderful pregos in my life! seriously, I think I've found my true calling in life: shopping for babies and their mommas. I'm going to start a baby business or become a personal shopper for pregos the world over. It's going to be pretty awesome. I'll send out business cards and dildos at my company launch. And kudos on the nipple cream. I'm sure it'll get some good use with the two of you! shooooooooo gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!