Monday, March 5, 2007

Last night was so much fun...

After the fiasco with Mr. Jerinic going out after he said he didn't want to, the rest of yesterday turned out to be pretty fun. Darko was actually only gone for about two hours, one of which he spent looking for a place to change pounds into euro's. While he was gone Kaveh and I made dinner for us and Daniel. It was so good. It was pasta with this yummy sauce that Kaveh makes. I love when people cook for me, but this time I actually did some of the cooking. Darko came back right as we were finishing and I felt bad because we didn't save him any because I seriously thought he was going to be gone much longer than he actually was.

After dinner we played around a bit in our room, and then started watching a movie with Kaveh and Daniel. They have this great computer that can download movies really quickly, so they had downloaded The Good Shepard. However, we spent a good hour trying to get Slovenian sub titles in the movie, because, although he is completely fluent in English, it helps, especially with confusing movies like the Good Shepard, to have subtitles just for clarification so that if he doesn't understand something, we're not talking through the movie to explain. After fighting with the internet and desperately trying to get subtitles on the movie, to no avail, we decided to just try to watch it. But, the sound wasn't very good, so then we had a confusing movie that couldn't be heard, trying to be watched by someone who is not a native english speaker. So we just gave up.

Let me just pause here and say that we did not do anything on Friday or Saturday night. Nights, after which we wouldn't have to wake up early in the morning. Nope. We're rebels. We go against the grain. We decided to go out on Sunday night to celebrate the Lord's day. Sunday. Both of us have to get up ridiculously early in the morning during the week, but we decide to go out anyway. We went to this bar called the Celt Bar and it was so cool. They had a group of people playing traditional irish music and it was just a very cool environment. We met a group of Darko's friends there and had a grand ol' time. I met an Italian who had his tongue pierced. First person I've met with a tongue ring. So cool. Also, I got seranaded by two old irish dudes when they found out my name was Katie, smacked on the ass by one of the bar tenders, and a kiss on the cheek (is that how you spell that? I feel a bit retarded right now) from another old Irish dude. It was a fucking blast. I loved it. Both Darko and I were completely drunk at this point and we danced a bit to the irish music and then decided to leave.

When we get back to the hostel we see Daniel and Kaveh sitting there. Now, the logical and responsible thing to do would have been to go to bed since we had to get up in the morning. But no. We went out, AGAIN!!!! This time with Daniel and Kaveh in tow. We head to Temple Bar, the touristy part of town, and head into one bar, decide we don't like that one, and then go to this place called Fitzimmons. I'm going to pause here again and mention something that is really cool. I'm with three boys at this point. We walk up to the pub entrance where the bouncers are, they take one look at me, and nod me in without checking ID or anything. I head into the bar and turn around and realize that they have stopped all three boys to check ID. Fantastic. I love being a girl. The bouncers are so much more friendly to girls then boys. So Fitzimmons is a bar with a nightclub in the basement. We grab some drinks from the bar and head down to the basement, where we continue to get plastered and head to the dance floor. I have never had so much fun dancing with a boy in MY LIFE. Seriously. It was so much fun. I seriously want to do it all the time. He was ready to leave after a bit, but I convinced him to stay a bit longer and dance with me. So he did. We finally left around 1:30, leaving Daniel and Kaveh because they had run into people they worked with, and headed back to the hostel, where we passed out after about 2 minutes. I seriously had a blast.

Until of course I had to wake up this morning. Man do I have a hangover. I was hoping that I could come into work and that they wouldn't need me and I could go home. But the girl who I was temping for last week broke her leg and won't be in this week or next week. So, needless to say, I have to stay. But, it's not really a big deal because I don't mind my job. If I could stay here for the duration of my stay I would. I would love to be able to come in next week for this girl, but I'LL BE IN SCOTLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weekend started out well, got really bad, and then ended on a high note, PLUS, mom bought me some jeans that she's going to send to me here in Ireland so I'm not spending 60 dollars on a pair of old navy jeans. Hopefully I'll get them by the time I get back from Scotland.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

our room? like you kids have your own hostel room now? moving fast arent we : )

Anonymous said...

man that is awesome. I LOVE irresponsible Sundays!!! you experience is sounding amazing...


p.s. Mary just came to visit me so that was cool to see her and show her the Ham a bit. love ya

Unknown said...

Dude....you celebrated the Lord's Day? So should I call Don so that you two can have a little heart to heart now?

Sounds like an amazing night. Dancing is the BEST!!!! Go out again tonight! You know what the only cure for a hangover is, don't you? Another drink!!!!!


I love you :)

Anonymous said...

I wanna bust moves with you + Darkie Nuts! :( I love me some dancing now. It's so odd b/c I never was good @ it or REALLY enjoyed it until 2006. I had all this extra time on my hands to learn soul girl moves, get my groove back. What kinda jams did they play in the club? Any Hilary Duff techno remixes?! I heard a Duff remix in Club Pure in Austin + it was off the chain.

I need to go to Old Navy + buy some new jeans myself. I wanna pair of skinny pants... but not SO skinny they look emo-fuckerish.

Love u!