Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another Lazy Sundy

Welp, this week's been about the same as the last few weeks. Not a whole lot going on. Work, live, work, sleep, sleep, etc. etc. etc.... But I'm doing it in Europe, so that makes it much more fun.

Today marks the one month time period for when I'm supposed to come home. That's right ladies, in exactly one month from today I am supposed to be getting on a plane to come back to the states to live a miserable existence before heading to law school, where my miserable existence will be multiplied due to the fact that I will be living in a tiny mountain town that has a population of roughly 500 and will be completely alone.

Now, what would all of you do in my situation? There's nothing I can do. That's right. I'm doomed to be miserable for the rest of my life. Drama much?

Darko says I should come home in May and he will follow later. I'm a bit skeptical, but that's becauase I'm skeptical about everything. I can't help thinking that maybe that's the best thing considering it's going to cost a bit to change my ticket, and I won't be able to work, thus I won't have a whole lot of money. Know what I mean. But it makes me so sad when I think about leaving. I was almost in tears today. Seriously.

Bleh. This sucks.

It would have been much easier if I had just stayed home. Coming here was a bad idea.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, and Mom was saying this to Ellen and Jeff, there's no reason you HAVE to go to Grundy. I mean it's not like you're a high school drop-out. You've got your Master's, and subsequently your Bachelor's. Live with Mom for a little bit, and do some job hunting for something you'll really enjoy doing. Once you've nailed a job, get a car. Then, start apartment hunting. I think those are the first steps to your happiness.

Going to Ireland was not a bad idea. Much as it may suck to leave, in 34 years, you'll look back on this time and be so thankful that you did this, and think of the stories you'll be able to tell! I mean think about how amazing it'll be telling people that you lived in Ireland for four months, hopping from hostel to hostel, having a wild affair with a hot Slovenian! That just sounds so exotic and incredible. You can follow that story up with how you have three neices and nephews who spend their days pulling on their toenails with their teeth, and running up and down the stairs, as their bellies drag the floor.

Anonymous said...

thank Buddha that you have a level headed sister. She is right you don't have to go to school Katie...seriously...you have done enough school and you are beyond smart so anyone would love to hire you.

why don't you just live at home or something until next May and then we will move somewhere awesome and get a cool apartment and drink martinis and make fun of people. please please please

Mother to be... said...

You are both right. Too bad I care more about making everyone else happy then myself (really, it's probably the ONLY flaw in my personality... otherwise I'm just perfect!!!)I'll go to school and be miserable, because that's what I know how to do.

Also, jess, I don't want to be telling people about how I had a passionate affair with a hot slovenian. I want to be telling my Grandchildren how me and their grandfather met...

The martini thing and making fun of people thing sounds AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

I cried when I had to leave VA today. I miss it already. Mom -n Dad cried too. It was very sad.

Lighto needs to just fly to VA the same time you do. Duh. Tell him to stop makin' excuses.

PS: Read Perez Hilton. It always cheers me up... I'm about to go read some now actually........