Friday, April 6, 2007

Slovenian music

1. So, who knows the chicken dance?

::Raises hand, and begins shaking her tail feathers::

That's right, I know all of you know it, and on command can hum the music to it. Well, who wants to know where that song originated? I'll give you two guesses, but probably you'll only need one. Slovenia. That's right. That famous song that EVERYONE in the world knows, was originally sung by a Slovenian artist. Darko's been downloading his music and he played one of them and I was like "Hey, that's the Chicken Dance Song" and he said "Yeah, you didn't know it was Slovenian?"

I was pretty impressed...

2. I bought a new purse today and it was only 8 Euro. I'm so excited. I've been needing a new purse for a while and this one is perfect. Almost as large as a diaper bag, but much better looking. My kind of purse.

3. I hate people who walk slower than me. I walk really slow, and so it's really bad when someone walks SLOWER THAN ME!!! It's just ridiculous. I want to push them into on coming traffic. Really.

4. It's good friday right? Well, in the states, we don't give a flying fuck about good Friday. Here, apparently they do. It's illegal to sell ANY ALCOHOL ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!! No, I'm serious. In a city where there are like 4 pubs on each block, there is absolutely no alcohol sold the entire day. The pubs are all closed. It's kind of weird walking down the street on a Friday night without the common scene of pub smokers congregating outside. Also very annoying when all you and your boyfriend want to do is share a bottle of wine or two before going to bed. Mother fucking catholics. Stupid.

5. Tomorrow Urban comes. I'll let you all know how it goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so funny? who would have thought. I just saw on tv that Donald Trump's wife is Slovenian too.

and i can just imagine what this god for saken purse looks like. it's probably bigger than some of my luggage...

and i can't WAIT to hear about his friend. you are going to be fine. have fun and dance!!! (i'm starting to rethink the once a week blog thing...i find myself checking your page every day for a blog...no life much? yup)love you

Unknown said...

have you ever seen Chicken Little? Well the credits roll to a song called "Shake a Tail Feather" By the cheetagirls or something. Greatest song EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Urban? Darko? These names are almost as hilarious as the names soul girls give their babies. Urbanisha, HOLLA!