Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It feels like I never left..

I woke up yesterday morning at 5:15, thus began my 24 hours worth of traveling. I really hate traveling. More than anything. All you do is sit around and wait to sit on a plane for hours at a time. It doesn't help when both of your flights are delayed. I also hate after you've completed your traveling and you have to collect your luggage at the carousel. There are a hundred people trying to do the same thing, and some of them are not nice about it. I watched my bags go around about 3 times before I was able to get close enough to touch them, let alone drag them off the carousel. On a side note, my large bag was 54 pounds, and they didn't charge me for it, thank goodness. They probably will on the way back, however. So after seven hours on a plane I have to wait another two hours before I'm actually at the hostel, because on the way there we hit morning traffic. Lovely, really.

But I arrived safe and sound to my hostel, and after dragging, seriously, dragging my bag up two flights of stairs because the lift is broken, I collapse in my bed intending to sleep for a good 4 hours AT LEAST. Alas, it was not to be. The cleaning people came in at like 11 and started cleaning, and they were not nice about it. (On another side note, I am in a mixed room (meaning boys and girls) and as I am trying to get all my shit in the room quietly I notice a couple sitting up getting ready. That was the only girl I saw in my room. The cleaning people cleaned the bed she was sleeping in. Thus, I think I am the only girl in the room. That is, I have yet to see another girl who is staying in the room with me. In an 18 bed room, I'm the only girl. . . Most of the guys I've met though have been really nice. It's so funny when you have a foreigner who is trying to learn English, cause all they want to do is talk. This one guy said that he came over to Ireland from France to learn english and ended up meeting up with a bunch of other French people, to which he speaks French. So he likes when he gets a chance to speak English for long periods of time. Now you have to understand, when he was saying all this it was in really broken English, but I was able to get the gyst (spelling?) of it. He is also really hot, so I'll let his bad english slide...

So after I got up and took a shower I decided to head out for a bit, and just take it all in, again. It kind of feels like I never left. Like I just moved to another hostel. I bought an Irish cell phone. That means, if anyone gets a text message from a 353 number, that's me, applied to a recruiting agency, so hopefully I'll get a job, and went to the movies to settle down a bit. Now I'm back at the hostel, and I am so incredibly exhausted, so I'll probably just go to bed soon.

Unless of course, the hot Frenchman wants to make out a little bit...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

a room full of guys, huh? sounds like your trip started off on a good note, after the whole dragging of the suitcase that is. Yeah, that sounded like it sucked. Sucked balls.

try and get some pics of the guys. Now is the shower coed as well? 'Cause that's where I'd be taking the majority of my pictures. But that's just me :)

Anonymous said...

ok couple things:

a. FINALLY i'm able to comment...don't know what that was all about...but yay!

b. one girl in a hostile, in a room, with a bunch of French guys...i hate you so much right now

c. I think it's gist..not sure

d. suggestion on the blog: it's a BIT hard to read your font...but not a big deal, just a little feed back from the bitch in Bama

e. I'm so glad that you got there alright (besides the ANNOYING delays) and I can't wait to hear about your new adventures

f. f is for f-u for being the only girl in an all male french lovers room :)

e. and finally i love you..please be safe

Maura

Anonymous said...

The bathroom is indeed coed... :-)... but there are doors on the showers, like doors that go all the way to the floor and ceiling... boo...