Friday, January 26, 2007

So, last night didn't completely suck...

Sisters at arms length...


I was sitting up in my room, alone, typing on my computer. This boy, who I assumed was French because he was speaking French, came in and asked me what I was doing and why I wasn't downstairs socializing. And I was like "Because I'm being anti-social" and he said "Oh, no, why?" And so we started chatting a bit exchanged names. When he said his name I was like "Ok" and he said "Yeah, it's a strange name" and then I, thinking this boy was French, said "I suppose it's French" and he was like "No, it's a typically Italian name". I felt like such an ass. I'm sure he was thinking to himself "Stupid American, can't tell the difference between French and Italian". But he didn't say anything, and I didn't bring it up again. Apparently this boy speaks like ten different languages fairly fluently so, it was an honest mistake. So we sat there for a while, drinking a beer , and then we go downstairs for a little while, which was really awkward because everyone downstairs was speaking French, and I was like "hmmm... I don't know french, I'll just sit here and smile. I did chat some more with the Italian, and then I bid him adieu for the more comfortable atmosphere of the upstairs room, but before I left we exchanged emails because we're both going to be in Dublin for a while.

After going back upstairs, I turned my computer back on and continued to peruse the World Wide Web. Apparently, that was the cue for everyone to come back to the room. Seriously, there were like 7 Britains who were together who decided to come back and act like fucking retards for a while. Then there was this poor Spanish boy who is by himself but doesn't speak english. He seems more lost than me. I tried to talk to him, but with my very limited Spanish, and his complete lack of english, it didn't work very well. So he just kind of sat in his little corner and watched everything around him. Poor guy. The two Australians who were really loud the previous night came in, and since my computer was plugged in across one of their beds, I was like "Oh sorry, you can unplug that if you want to" and he said it was no big deal, but that led to other conversation which was nice. I could actually understand them without having to think about it. Up to that point everyone I had talked to had REALLY strong accents and broken english. It was great to be able to talk as fast as I wanted without having to repeat myself or rephrase because something I said wasn't understandable. So the Aussie's were nice. I think I'm going to go on a pub crawl with them tonight. That is, if I feel up to it.

I thought I was going to freeze to death last night. I am typically fine with the cold. But for some reason, I can not get warm here. People open the windows without any regard for the fact that it's below freezing outside. And it's not like there is a strong heater in the room to balance out the wind chill coming from the window. I woke up at around 6:30 this morning and thought I was going to die. Seriously. So I closed the window, but then I couldn't get back to sleep and I was still cold. Even now, I'm freezing. So I decided to just get up. I have to be somewhere at 11 o'clock anyway, so it's not a big deal. It gave me a chance to take a nice long shower, and get ready without rushing.

So, on the agenda today:

Orientation
Job Hunting
Nap (perhaps)
Pub Crawl (maybe)

And I'll be online throughout the day as well, so be on the lookout for new posts.

In the Girl Scouts they tell you if you can't carry it all yourself, you packed too much... Well, damnit if I wasn't able to handle it all... All 100 pounds, Feder-Bear included... Kind of give you an idea of how much I had to lug up the stairs in the hostel... Yeah, not fun.

Oh My God, like it's totally Lindsay Lohan.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok first, I have to be an English teacher. Sisters, and Aussies; no apostrophy. Apostrophies are for things that are possessive, for example, you can say "my and my sister's picture," or "the Aussie's bed."

Ok now for the funness...great pics by the way!! :-D God you're hot. I"m so glad you're starting to make some social connections. Totally go on the pub crawl. You'll have a blast, and if you don't, kindly excuse yourself and go back to the hostel.

Also, if you can get some photos of these kids, that'd be great. k Thanks.

Unknown said...

oh also, thank you for replacing that hideous picture under "welcome to my face." the new one is MUCH better. You are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Katie your new pictures are so nice! I love the one of you + your sissy. :) You look so good, bitch.

I don't see how you put up with everyone not speaking English. I think of @ my wedding when half the guests were strong Korean accented peeps + I didn't know WTF they were talking about! Smile -n- nod gets old after awhile. I'd keep my butt on the 'net in a closet somewhere.

I think it's odd how you're so strong to go into a foreign country alone (I would NEVER do that), but you can't tell some indecent assholes to STFU or SHUT THE DAMN WINDOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forgot to apply @ the Lucky Charms company. :)

PS: I told Harry last night I should come live with you, get a place + he said it would cost a fortune/pain to get Mucks to Ireland because of customs. I don't appreciate them hating on my daughter.

(this is my new + fresh blog comment, the one from before was from this morning when the bitch didn't lemme post!)

Mother to be... said...

This thing is so fickle... I'm glad you were able to post... and thank you for saying I look gorgeous... Oh, you didn't say gorgeous... I must have just imagined it... haha

Anonymous said...

I said that you "look so good" which is the same as gorgeous. You know I wanna jump your Ireland-lovin' bones.