Monday, January 22, 2007

Off to the Mother Land...

Tomorrow's the big day, ladies and gentlemen. I get on a plane at 10:55 in the morning and will arrive in Dublin at 5:30 the next morning. Today's been a really busy day trying to get everything ready for the trip. I have an update on my packing situation. I broke down and added another bag to the equation. It was just impossible to pack everything into three bags and have them be carry-able. I also had to scale down how much was in my big bag, because it weighed sixty pounds (I actually put it on a scale) and I didn't want to spend $50 for things I'm not even sure I would need. I figure, IF I find out that I need something that I didn't bring, I'll take that $50 dollars that I saved for not going over weight, and put it towards whatever it is that I may need. As it is, I think I'm going to have an incredibly hard time getting all my luggage to my hostel, and then when I find someplace more permanent, getting my luggage to that place. It's gonna be rough. And then, if I travel around, I have no idea what I'm going to do. OH well. It'll all work itself out in the end. Hopefully.

I wasn't able to spend as much time with everyone as I had wanted to before I left. There are some who I didn't get to see at all. I will desperately miss my mother, my sister, and the rest of my family, and of course I will miss everyone else:


I'm going to try and find some of Maura's Kin...

I got Toni hooked on Karaoke, and now she'll have to do it by herself while I'm gone.

I didn't get to see Kelly or Josh before leaving, and miss them dearly...

Thanks to the freak snow storm, I had to bid an early farewell to Nate...


From here on out, I'll probably be posting a little more often then I have been. At least once every other day, hopefully. I'll have to skip tomorrow, unless of course the airports have wireless internet. Then I can wip out the 'ol computadora and waste some time between flights.

Until then, I bid you adieu...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for mentioning me...I'll miss you desperately too....be sure to bring me presents :)......take LOTS of pictures...i'll be sure to leave my ever-witty comments to entertain you during your trip

Anonymous said...

I miss you dearly too. All the time. I'm mad. I mad a comment a blog just now + the fucker didn't give me a preview or show that I posted. It was such a fun comment too.

Now I am pissy.

Anonymous said...

Wow. This comment box is a def POS. Not only does it only post blogs it feels like posting, but it cuts my words off! I LOOK LIKE I'M RETARDED!

Holy Crap!

Anonymous said...

I know, it's kind of annoying... you have to sometimes post them more than once... but at least you don't have to register in order to leave a comment... That's a plus...