Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Let's reiterate... My rolling duffle... enormous...

I'm having a huge problem with my packing situation. That is, I can't find the room to fit everything I want to take with me. Here's the thing, I'm only taking three bags, one enormous rolling duffle, one small duffle, and a bookbag for my computer. As it is, all three of these bags are packed to the brim, and there's still a pile of stuff that needs to go somewhere. Also, I'm fairly certain the big rolling duffle is overweight, which means I'll have to pay an extra fee for the bag being in excess of fifty pounds. I mean, it's huge, enormous, I could fit a small golden retriever in it. Also, I really didn't want the book bag to weigh all that much because I'll be caring it around the damn airports for hours at a time, but alas, it weighs A LOT, and I haven't even put my computer in it yet. So I don't know what to do. It appears as if I'm going to have to rethink the amount of clothes I'm taking so that I can put some of the stuff that is making my bookbag so heavy in another bag. I was told once that you should lay out everything that you intend to take with you and reduce it by half before leaving, and that's all you should take. I don't know about reducing it to half, but I do know that the last time I was there I did overpack. I mean, they do have washing machine's in Europe...

Also, I've made an executive decision about my travels. I've decided that I'll look for a job for three weeks in Ireland. If, at the end of those three weeks, I haven't been employed yet, I'm going to take what money I have left and do the whole backpacking thing through Europe, and then come home. The last thing I want to do is waste all of my money looking for a job in Dublin, not being able to find one, and having to come home without seeing anything other than Dublin. It would just be a travesty to go all the way back to Europe and not see other places. I'm hoping this doesn't actually happen. I'd rather work in Dublin during the week and then take side trips on the weekends for the duration of my stay; thus seeing as much of Europe as I can, without going broke.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my computer is a piece of shit...dammit

anyhoo, i love your plan about backpacking....unless it gets hot....that would suck...and if you're going to be backpacking and carrying crap around with you anyway, what's one more bag, specifically a bag of goodies for the sister who loves and misses you? :)