Friday, January 26, 2007

Oh my god!!! I'm so tired of being tired and bored...

rockalittle106 (3:47:27 PM): yeah, I could tell when I saw the way you use apostrophies....you're fucking brilliant....by the way, how are the Aussie-apostrophy-s?


I'm so fucking bored. The Aussies never came back, so I'm assuming they are still in Belfast, or, they didn't come back to the hostel before going out. So, for yet another night I am alone in my hostel room on my computer. Haha. God I'm a loser. I can't wait to start working. At least then I will have some people to at least talk to a bit. Speaking of work. At orientation today we were given the names of a few recruiting agencies to help with job placement. So when I got back to the hostel I emailed my CV (equivalent to a Resume) to one of the agencies, and not five minutes later I had an email reply and a phone call. I was told to come into the office today at 3. At that point it was like 1:30, and I was like shit, because I had no idea where this stupid place was. So I got dressed, and found my location on a map and headed out. I started panicking a bit when the numbers on the office buildings jumped from 134-22, and I was looking for 97. I found the place with a few minutes to spare, and was greeted by a lovely irish woman at the front desk. So I sat down with two agents, Nessa and Claudine and went over my CV with them. They said that they had some positions at Trinity University and I was like "Oh my god, that would be perfect" because I am totally in love with University atmospheres, and they were like, well we'll forward your CV to them and hopefully have you set up for an interview by Monday or Tuesday. Let's all cross our fingers. Anything in a University would be perfect. There is nothing better than a hot, young, smart irishman. And I'm sure they're everywhere on the Trinity campus. Yum.

Speaking of orientation, I encountered my first American today. He was a bit of an ass. He was from Chicago with gelled hair and huge muscles. I was like "Wow, I am back in the Siegel Center Fitness Room by the free weights". That's the last time I wish to meet more of my countrymen. I'd rather stick with the Frenchies who I can't understand. At least when they are acting arrogant I can't really tell. There were some stupid Canadians at the orientation as well, who were really bothering me. I hate that accent. More so than a southern accent. It just grates on my nerves. It's ABOUT!!!!!! Not ABOAT!!!!!!! Stupid people. At least when foreigners try to speak english they know they're not pronouncing things correctly and ask for verification. Not the damn Canadians. This one stupid girl was all "Well I've already gotten a job with a pharmaceutical company, and I've already gotten a place to live". SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! I hope you fall on the tracks of the DART, and get run over, but don't die, just get paralyzed and deformed, you stupid bitch. Then see if anyone thinks your ridiculous accent is endearing.

Right. I'm a little pissy because I'm bored. I'm sure I'll be back on here later.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

woo hoo for interviews!!! I'm surprised that you got there as late as you did. However, it wasn't your fault that you recieved the email and phone call at the time that you actually would have shown up for the interview. Don't you normally like to arrive 1 to 2 hours early? And to schedule the interview at 3!!! Well that's practically dinner time!! You ought to let them know your schedule in advance so that they can accomodate you.

I'm sure you'll get a call and land a fabulous job, meet a smart Irish hottie and bring him home to meet the fam!!!

Your bitter attitude is inspiring.

I don't even know what that means.

Mother to be... said...

I hate you...

But that made me laugh out loud... God I love when that happens...

Anonymous said...

is the above comment from Nate??


anyways, i really want you to work at Trinity. God that would be awesome, we could exchange stories and you would be perfect. I'll check my email double time.

love your boobs

Anonymous said...

The first comment was from the sister, and The World Traveler is me...:-) I'm not sure if Nate's reading this or not... Nate, if you're reading this, feel free to leave a comment... :-)

Mother to be... said...

P.S. I really want to work at Trinity as well... But we're not going to get our hopes up... But, if I don't get the job at Trinity I'm going to leave Ireland in a huff...and come home pissed off...:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you, but not my legs! ;) WHAAAT WHAAAAT!

If Trinity doesn't work out, you can always take a picture of some Irish lake + Photoshop a Nessie into it + sell it to the trashy mags of the world.