Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Another uneventful day in the neighborhood...

Nothing much has happened in the past few days. I had to work, and it was horrible. Seriously for the past two days the only thing I've done is filed. Enormous stacks of paper needed to be sorted and then filed into huge filing cabinets. It was so boring. I can't even tell you. And then yesterday they put me on the phones at the reception desk, and I was like "Are you kidding me". I seriously had like a minutes worth of training before I was thrown in. People would call and ask for someone, and I'd be like, "Who?" and they'd say it again and then I would tell them to spell it. I seriously hung up on like four people. It was ridiculous. I was so pissed. Luckily that only lasted two days. I think they wanted me to come in until all the filing was done, but I said "Well, the agency told me it was only for two days, and I've already made a commitment for the rest of the week", and peaced out. If I get a call today I'll work, but I'm hoping not to. I kind of have a lot to do, you know, like catch up on my blogging. Also, you know how in cities you see people running to catch the public transporatation. Well I used to always point and laugh at those people, and think that I would never do it. I ran for the LUAS yesterday. I was coming out of the office building which is right across the street from the stop and it was just pulling in, and I really didn't want to wait for the next one, and the doors only stay open for like a minute, so I booked it, almost getting hit by a bus in the process, and swung in as the doors were closing. It was brilliant. I've become one of those people. Haha.

Of course, I've been spending time with my Slovenian. Monday when I got off work I called him and he said that he was tired and was just going to go to bed and that he'd talk to me in the morning. I said "Alright", but was still a little disappointed. A couple of hours later I sent him a text that said "Want to make out a bit?". He did end up coming back into the city for a few hours. I found out later he didn't know what "Make out" was so when he asked a friend of his the friend told him it was sex, thus his journey into the city. We didn't actually make out. We perused the internet for most of the time. He read my blog, talked to Maura and Jessi, etc. It was all innocent fun. Then he left and I went to bed.

After work yesterday I headed over to his place. There is nothing better than seeing friendly faces after a hard day at work. Before I left my hostel I called Darko and said to have dinner waiting for me. Lionel, Mr. South Africa, made dinner of spicy chicken and rice, and it was amazing. We watched television for a while, and then Darko and I talked for a bit. It was a fairly serious talk. Like one that you usually don't have until well into a relationship, and I wasn't entirely sure if it was too soon for us to be having it. We got interuppted and I was worried for the rest of the night. When we were finally alone again I asked him if it was too soon to have had that serious of a talk, and if he was going to get creeped out and not call me in the morning. He said no, that he was alright with the way things were going. So that's a little reassuring. My damn abandoment issues are showing their ugly heads as always. I should just learn to take things in stride. Like I said, I'm trying not to make a big deal out of everything. I hope he calls me tonight. haha. yeah...

So today, if I don't work I need to go register with the Garda and immigration, work on my tax stuff, and do some stuff on the web.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, that job seriously bites ass. You know what? You should tell them it bites ass. Oh wait. They probably already know. That's probably why they only give you, the temp, that shit to do. They'd never heave it onto a regular, full-time employee.

Call me sometime about that talk you had. I'm interested and concerned.

I'd make out with you, but only if you had dinner waiting for me. :)

Oh also, the image of you booking it across a busy street to catch a bus seriously had me laughing my ass off. I think I may even have peed a little.