Sunday, February 11, 2007

Still hating technology...

Ok, a couple of things:

1. YAY FOR NATE READING MY BLOG!!!! Keep it up buddy, I miss your witty comments!!!!

2. Is anyone else having issues getting to my blog? I haven't been able to actually view it in a couple of days. I am able to post, obviously, but when I go to view it, it says the page cannot be found. Then, when I try to get to it by typing in my blog name in the address bar it also says I can't get to it? I also am having enormous problems getting to see anyone else's blogs. Jess, this is why I have yet to comment on any of your new things.

3. One of these days I will get a good picture of my boy. But I don't think he's ready to see the monster I become behind a camera. Most of you know how much I enjoy taking pictures regardless of the setting, and well, I'm pretty sure it may scare him a little... haha...
4. I'm still having issues with my ipod. Ever since it crashed yesterday it won't play a song the entire way through. It'll play about 3/4 of the song and then skip directly to the next song, and do it again. I don't know if it's serious enough to go get it looked at, but I may have to break down. I can't stand when things don't work correctly.
5. Last night was absolutely ridiculous. I left Darko's around 3 and came back to the hostel where I talked with Toni for a few hours online. Then Nunzio showed up and he and I talked. He invited me out to a party, and I thought about going and taking Darko, so I told Nunzio I was gonna wait to see what he wanted to do. This was around 8ish/9ish. So they left to go to their party, and I called Darko around 10 and he said he was tired and that he was going to go to sleep and said I should come over. I said no because I wasn't going to walk all the way over there just to go to sleep, and that I had a nice bed here with my name on it that didn't involve me having to take a 25 minute stroll through downtown Dublin at night. So he sai alright. So then, seriously, at like 12 he calls me and says, Hey I'm out with Lionel, come meet us. And I was still up at this point, so I was like, fine. So I head out and meet him outside the bar, in the rain, and he's says "Alright, let's go home" and I'm like are you fucking kidding me. He says "Oh, come on, we go hang out at home". So I said fine, but we had to get a taxi cause I wasn't walking all the way to his place in the rain. So we go to the street and are standing next to this couple who was also waiting for a taxi. So one pulls up and these two people are like "Come on, there's room for all of us, we'll share". Seriously, nice people just are amazing. So we jump in the cab and find out this couple is from Cork, here for the weekend of course. They were nice. So the taxi drops them off and then takes us to his place. We sit on the couch and start watching television, and he falls asleep. haha. That's right, my lap is just THAT comfy. So I try to get him up go to bed, and he's not having any of it. So I maneuver my way out from under him and leave. That's right. I walk back to the hostel, at 3:30 in the morning. It was ridiculous. But then, randomly, when I get back to the hostel Nunzio is standing on the street corner. I'm like "Dude, what are you doing here, this is totally random". He just laughed. We talked for a few minutes and then I went to bed. All in all fairly uneventful.
6. I don't like when people go to a foreign country and pick up the accent. I know it's sometimes inevitable, but still. I met these three American boys who have been here for about 7 months, and one of them had adopted a fairly heavy Scottish accent. I thought he just sounded ridiculous, but then I thought to myself, maybe he did just pick it up naturally. Maybe he's not really trying to be stupid. But still. I thought it was dumb. They were really nice though. I was talking to them when Darko called to tell me he was out.
So, today, there's a really important Rugby match on. It's the six nations rugby tournament. France, Italy, Scotland, England, Wales, and Ireland. Last week was the first match and we won. This weekend is the second match and then I think next weekend is the finals. It's gonna be crazy if Ireland wins. People say they aren't going to, but I have faith that they will. I think it starts in about an hour. Chances are I won't see Darko till after it's over. I'm not walking over to his place today, so if he wants to see me he better come into the city... :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1) I've had no trouble getting to, reading, or posting on your blog site. Works just fine here. Any chance it has anything to do with the Diet Soda incident?

2) I'm hungry, so I'm going to make a sammich and have some extra-nummy pringles

3) I hope your puter starts working soon because my blog is uber-fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I hate rugby. Titty Bags used to play on the VCU team. GAG!